Iced Dalgona Matcha Latte. My Dalgona Matcha recipe is a fun and delicious treat to make with a base of iced matcha latte topped with whipped coffee.
My Iced Dalgona Matcha Latte Recipe is:
- Fun to make!
- A base of creamy vanilla matcha latte
- Topped with whipped instant coffee
- Delicious and refreshing!
Dalgona is one of the most popular coffee drinks at the moment. And, being a matcha lover, I just had to make it with a twist. Introducing the dalgona matcha latte! Made with a iced matcha vanilla latte on the bottom, and topped with whipped frothy coffee on top. This is THE perfect drink to slowly sip on during a hot summer's day.
ARE MATCHA LATTES HEALTHY?
Matcha is loaded with high antioxidant disease fighting nutrients! Matcha green tea powder is packed with an amino acid called L-Theanine, that helps to reduce mental stress, enhances mood, and creates an alert yet calm effect.
WHAT FLAVORS PAIR WELL WITH MATCHA LATTE?
Matcha latte pairs well with a number of flavors, vanilla being the most popular flavor.
TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST EVER ICED DALGONA MATCHA LATTE
USE HIGH QUALITY MATCHA GREEN TEA POWDER. Make sure to select quality matcha powder for your matcha dalgona.
SHAKE OR FROTH MATCHA TO HAVE A FOAMY MATCHA TOP. If you like a foamy matcha latte, be sure to use the shake method or your favorite milk frother to combine the matcha green tea powder in to the milk.
HOW TO MAKE AN ICED DALGONA MATCHA LATTE
So my boyfriend was picking up some ingredients for me at the store, and I had instant coffee powder on the list. He came back with a HUGE tub of half caf coffee.. So I'm including a few links to ingredients on amazon in case you have trouble finding them too LOL!!
And guess what, it's super easy to make! This time I used what I call the "shake method" to combine the matcha and milk.. maybe I just didn't want another whisk to clean.. hah. But, you can also combine the matcha and milk using any of the following:
I like to use vanilla soy milk in mine. I think that it gives the latte a nice creamy and subtly vanilla flavor. But, if you don't have.. or don't like soy milk, you can use any kind of milk that you have !
Give it more of a vanilla flavor by adding ⅛ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract!
And now we shake shake shake! I thought the extra green tea foam was a yummy addition to the whipped coffee, they blended together really nicely.
Now we move on to the dalgona portion of this iced dalgona matcha. I really thought the blender method was going to be faster. But, I found that I got a much better whipped texture by doing the manual whisk method!
Scroll along to see the 4 minute process.
And now, we have achieved that perfect glossy color and whipped texture. Time to pile it on top of your matcha green tea!
It stirs really nicely into that frothy matcha top. YUM!
Frequently asked questions about my matcha dalgona coffee recipe.
IS DALGONA MATCHA VEGAN?
Yes! My dalgona matcha recipe is made with all vegan ingredients.
CAN I MAKE MATCHA DALGONA WITH HEAVY CREAM?
Yes! You can make a dalgona matcha coffee with heavy cream, but I would start with ¾ milk and ¼ heavy cream and adjust based on your preference.
DOES ICED MATCHA LATTE HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT?
Iced matcha latte made without too much sugar can definitely be part of a healthy and sustainable weight loss plan.
More matcha recipes you might like:
- Dirty matcha latte
- Mermaid latte (butterfly pea matcha latte)
- Dairy free iced matcha latte 3 ways
- Blender iced matcha latte
- Pink Matcha Latte
- Warm matcha latte
- Matcha macarons
- Matcha energy balls
If you try this Iced Dalgona Matcha Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Iced Dalgona Matcha Latte
- 1 cup vanilla soy milk *see notes
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 2 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon boiling water
- In a mason jar, add the vanilla soy milk and the matcha green tea powder. Shake until combined. Or, you can use a milk frother.
- Next, add the instant coffee powder, sugar, and boiling water to a medium sized bowl. Use a whisk to stir the powder. It should take ~4 minutes of whisking to achieve the frothy "dalgona" texture. You can alternatively use a hand held milk frother or blender. Although, surprisingly I got a better texture doing it manually with a whisk.
- Add the ice cubes to your matcha green tea. Pile the whipped coffee on top. Enjoy!