Healthy Funfetti Pancakes. My light and fluffy funfetti pancakes are made without cake mix! I just updated my recipe to include options for gluten free and dairy free! See the notes in the recipe card at the bottom for these options.
My Healthy Funfetti Pancake Recipe is:
- Light and fluffy
- Great for birthday breakfast
- Gluten Free option
- Dairy Free option
These healthy funfetti pancakes are super easy to make and even more fun to surprise someone with!
If I had to pick a favorite flavor, I think that would be so hard! But, one of my favorite flavors is definitely cake batter. Cookies, cupcakes, and now pancakes!
Looking for funfetti cupcakes instead? Try my almond flour funfetti cupcakes!
WHAT IS IN FUNFETTI PANCAKE MIX?
PILLSBURY FUNFETTI COMPLETE PANCAKE AND WAFFLE MIX INGREDIENTS: ENRICHED BLEACHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), SUGAR, CANDY BITS (SUGAR, VEGETABLE OIL [PALM AND PALM KERNEL], MODIFIED CORN STARCH, SOY LECITHIN, YELLOW 5, RED 40, BLUE 1, CONFECTIONER'S GLAZE, YELLOW 6), DEXTROSE, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA, CALCIUM PHOSPHATE, SODIUM ALUMINUM PHOSPHATE), BUTTERMILK, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: SALT, CANOLA OIL, POTASSIUM BICARBONATE, CALCIUM CARBONATE, CORN STARCH, YELLOW 5, RED 40, IRON, NIACIN, VITAMIN B6, RIBOFLAVIN, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, FOLIC ACID, VITAMIN B12.
MY HOMEMADE ALL NATURAL FUNFETTI PANCAKE MIX INGREDIENTS: FLOUR, BAKING POWDER, SEA SALT, RAW CANE SUGAR, EGG, ORGANIC VANILLA SOY MILK, PURE VANILLA EXTRACT, ORGANIC BUTTER, NATURAL RAINBOW SPRINKLES.
HEALTHY FUNFETTI PANCAKES NUTRITION FACTS
Calories: 259; Carbs: 34 grams; Protein: 6.3 grams; Fat: 8.2 grams; Fiber: 1.3 grams.
HOW DO YOU MAKE PANCAKES LIGHT AND FLUFFY?
The key to light and fluffy funfetti pancakes is baking powder! After whisking all your ingredients together, let your batter sit for a couple of minutes and you will notice the batter has become much lighter from the baking powder!
HOW TO MAKE ALL NATURAL HEALTHY FUNFETTI PANCAKES WITHOUT CAKE MIX
INGREDIENTS IN FUNFETTI PANCAKES:
- White wheat flour, oat flour, or 1:1 gluten free flour
- Baking powder (aluminum free)
- Pink sea salt
- Vanilla soy milk (organic), or milk of choice
- Pure vanilla extract
- Butter (organic), or melted coconut oil
- Natural rainbow sprinkles
- Frying pan
FUNFETTI PANCAKES INSTRUCTIONS:
First, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. Set this bowl aside.
Next, whisk together the egg, milk, vanilla, and melted butter. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Don't over mix the matter or you can end up with tough pancakes. And we want them to be light and fluffy!
Finally, stir your rainbow sprinkles in! I used this size of sprinkles, but if you have the ball shaped ones, those work too!
Scoop the batter by either ⅓ or ½ cup scoops onto an oiled griddle. Cook them until bubbles form on top. Flip them and cook the other side until it is just golden brown.
HOW TO STORE CAKE BATTER PANCAKES
If you ended up making too many like I did, layer them between parchment paper in an airtight container to store in the freezer.
All you need is a chilled can of full fat coconut milk and some hand held beaters!
Make a wish! Every day is a day to celebrate!
MORE FLUFFY NATURAL AND HEALTHY PANCAKE RECIPES:
- Pink Pitaya Pancakes with Oat Flour
- Golden Milk Pancakes (Turmeric Pancakes)
- Purple Beet Root Pancakes
- Blue Pancakes
- Almond Pulp Pancakes
- Rainbow Pancake Cereal
If you make my healthy funfetti pancakes recipe and love it, please be sure to tag your photo #thehintofrosemary and leave me a rating in the recipe card!
Healthy Funfetti Pancakes (Healthy Cake Batter Pancakes)
- Frying pan
For the all natural funfetti pancake batter:
- 1 ½ cup white wheat flour gluten free option: sorghum flour, oat flour, or 1:1 gluten free flour
- 3 ½ teaspoon baking powder (aluminum free)
- 1 teaspoon pink sea salt
- 1 lg egg
- 1 ¼ cup vanilla soy milk (unsweetened, organic) or milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon melted butter (organic) dairy free option: coconut oil, avocado oil, or vegan butter
- ⅓ cup natural rainbow sprinkles
- Coconut whipped cream or regular whipped cream
- Maple syrup
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, vanilla, and melted butter.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients along with the rainbow sprinkles.
- Drop by ⅓-1/2 cup scoops on a buttered frying pan. Cook until bubbles form on top. Flip and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Add whipped cream and syrup. Enjoy!