Blueberry Pomegranate Chia Water. My blueberry pomegranate chia water recipe is a mama chia copycat and just as delicious. A healthy chia water made with pureed blueberries and tangy pomegranate water.
With the Mediterranean diet popularity on the rise, I thought I'd give you guys a new way to get in some of those ultra healthy fats! One of the main things you should be eating on the Mediterranean diet is healthy fats.
Healthy fats come in many forms like, salmon, olives, oils, nuts and seeds. And while I love a good chia pudding recipe, sometimes it's fun to get your healthy fats in drinkable on the go form!
IS BLUEBERRY POMEGRANATE CHIA WATER GOOD FOR YOU?
Yes! My pomegranate blueberry chia seed water recipe is loaded with healthy benefits.
First, I wanted to make mine with less sweeteners than the mama chia blueberry pomegranate recipe had. I always try to make my recipes with as little sweetener as possible.
Honestly, this drink is so flavorful that you can even make it without the honey!
Mama Chia Blueberry Pomegranate Drink Ingredients:
(Hydrated Organic Chia Seeds (Water, Organic Chia Seeds), Organic Erythritol, Organic Lemon Juice, Organic Agave Nectar, Organic Natural Flavors, Organic Blueberry Juice Concentrate, Organic Pomegranate Juice Concentrate, Citric Acid, Vegetable Juice for Color, Organic Monk Fruit Extract, Organic Stevia Leaf Extract.)
My Chia Seed Blueberry Pomegranate Ingredients:
(Organic Chia Seeds, Lemon Juice, Organic Blueberries, Pomegranate Juice, Raw Manuka Honey, Filtered Water)
WHAT DOES CHIA SEED WATER DO?
Chia seed water is super high in fiber, healthy fats, and other minerals. All of these can help contribute to hormone balance, greater gut health, and ultimately weight loss!
Let's look at the health benefits of the ingredients.
- Chia seeds are high in fiber, healthy fats, iron, and calcium. Fiber binds excess estrogen in your gut and pulls it out of your system.. which means greater hormone balance!
- Lemon juice is ultra high in vitamin C! Vitamin C helps to form collagen in your skin, giving you glowing and more elastic youthful skin.
- Blueberries are rich in vitamin C, magnesium, vitamin K, and fiber. Magnesium is essential to help you relax and sleep well at night. Good sleep means better gut health and better hormone balance in the long run!
- Pomegranate juice is high in vitamin C, folate, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, and more. Folate is needed for your cells to regenerate and form new healthy cells!
- Raw honey has been used for centuries as a natural way to treat wounds! Inside the body, it has some great prebiotic (gut health) properties! Just don't use too much because it is still a sweetener.
- Water is used all over the body! Most of us are in a chronic state of dehydration. Being hydrated can help improve focus, alleviate aches and pains, improve gut health, and even help you sleep better at night.
HOW TO USE CHIA SEEDS FOR WEIGHT LOSS
Drinking chia seed water is great for weight loss in so many ways. You get tons of amazing nutrients, especially fiber and healthy fats.
You can eat up to 2-3 tablespoons a day of chia seeds for weight loss! However, I am a big advocate for eating variety in your diet and while chia seeds are amazing for your health, make sure to add variety!
How to add variety you may wonder? Just aim to eat 1-2 servings of nuts or seeds per day and you'll be set! You can eat any nut or seed you like, chia seeds, hemp seeds, flax seed, pumpkin seed, cashews, almonds, anything!
WATCH HOW I MADE BLUEBERRY POMEGRANATE CHIA SEED WATER
HOW TO MAKE POMEGRANATE BLUEBERRY CHIA WATER
My healthy blueberry pomegranate chia water is so easy to make! All you have to do is add all of your ingredients to a 24 ounce mason jar. Make sure your jar has a tight fitting lid if you're planning to store your chia water for later.
POMEGRANATE BLUEBERRY CHIA WATER INGREDIENTS
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 whole lemon, juiced
- 1 cup blueberries, pureed fresh or frozen both work
- ½ cup pomegranate juice, no sugar added
- 1 tablespoon raw manuka honey
- 2 ½ cups filtered water
Shake or stir so that no clumps of chia or honey are stuck to the bottom or the sides.
Rest ~5 minutes.
Shake or stir again, making sure there is nothing stuck to the bottom or sides.
And that's it! You can drink your healthy chia seed water now or store it for later.
How to store pomegranate blueberry chia water
Cover your jar with a tight fitting lid and refrigerate chia water for up to 3 days.
This is a great recipe to meal prep and have on hand throughout the week!
Can I use lime juice in chia water instead of lemon juice?
Yes! You can absolutely substitute lime juice for lemon juice in my pomegranate blueberry chia water recipe!
What are the benefits of drinking Blueberry and Pomegranate juice?
Both blueberries and pomegranates are loaded with antioxidants, to help lower inflammation all over your body! Read my section above about even more benefits when you have chia seeds in your blueberry pomegranate juice.
Can you put chia seeds in water?
Yes!! Just make sure to stir chia seeds very well. They will start to gel, or absorb the water around them very fast. So stir to ensure you don't get clumpy chia water.
Which is better, pomegranate or blueberry juice?
Both have their own unique properties. I included both of these in my mama chia water copycat recipe for all the healthy benefits in one drink!
Is mama chia blueberry pomegranate chia beverage gluten free?
Yes! This mama chia water copycat with chia and pomegranate is totally gluten free and dairy free too!
Looking for another way to use chia seeds?
Try a delicious and healthy chia seed pudding recipe:
If you make this recipe and love it, please be sure to tag your photo #thehintofrosemary on Instagram and leave me a rating in the recipe card!
Pomegranate Blueberry Chia Seed Water (Mama Chia Copycat)
- 24 oz mason jar
- Add all ingredients to a large mason jar.
- Stir or over and shake until ingredients are combined.
- Rest chia water for about 5 minutes.
- Stir or shake chia water again.
- Rest another 5 minutes.
- Stir and enjoy!